Monday, February 8, 2010

Winter root vegetable pancake... sooooooooooo delicious!

Honestly, when I hear, "Winter root vegetable" for breakfast my immediate response is not, "Oh, how delicious!" Quite frankly, breakfast food for me generally consists of a bowl of carbs. My morning routine is very routine. I stumble to the coffee pot to get the brew going and dump my Kashi Autumn Wheat and no-fat milk into a bowl. Breakfast is served. Thank goodness for Yellow Door.

When I finally had a chance to eat last Thursday morning, I ended up with a plate of "Valentino's" winter root vegetable and Michigan dried cherry pancakes with pork sausage. (Originally, I was vying for the hash.) Cherry compote made with cherries from beautiful northern Michigan complemented my dish.

As I was meeting with one of my Chelsea Center for the Arts board co-horts, I distractedly bit into my pancake. I was immediately awed by the full flavors that burst in my mouth and exclaimed, "Wow! This is soooooooo good!" Winter root veggies are anything but routine. And just think, eating these veggies are so good for you -- and made for you each week this month at Yellow Door.

No comments:

Post a Comment